School Based Mental Health Services
PACE believes that children who are mentally and emotionally healthy perform better academically and socially. This is why we provide counseling services on site at schools. In addition to counseling, our school based mental health services include:
- Consultation with school faculty, staff and administration
- Community resources referral
- Formal assessments and evaluations
- Parent education and support
We also provide special education services where we develop goals and behavior management plans for a student’s Individual Education Plan (IEP) and/or 504 plan and implement the counseling and behavioral support services under these plans.
Tutoring and Mentoring Services
We realize that in addition to providing counseling services to support a youth’s social and emotional growth, educational and supplemental services are necessary as well to help address the needs of the whole child.
- Tutoring services - our highly qualified teachers and school staff provide tutoring to the clients that we serve. We will work with the students at their current academic level, develop individualized goals and work with the students to get them to their appropriate academic level or above level. For students who need it, we will work with them to help them improve their study skills. We also work with students who have Individualized Education Programs (IEPs).
- Mentoring services- we realize that a mentor/mentee relationship is a very important relationship and for that reason we work hard to ensure that our mentors are individuals who care about youth, have experience working with them and are interested in helping youths reach their highest potential socially, emotionally and behaviorally.